Sunday, December 20, 2009

Going to Church

Andrew is doing well. He is on normal food now. It is important that he gains weight so we try to fatten him up. Andrew went to our church for the first time since the accident. It was a great moment for us. I remembered a church meeting that we attended when he was in the PICU. I wondered then if he would ever attend with us again. Today, we came late and left early. That way he wouldn't be overwelmed by well- wishers. He is still having pain and he is quite weak. I fired his therapists last week. They told me that he is doing so well that he doesn't need them. So he continues to move forward. He is down to one wound vac on his back. The front just has a dressing over it. Andrew has been out a bit as he feels up to it. He likes pizza but still feels that eating is a burden. There are some ladies in our neighborhood who have done a great service for us. Leslie Clark has organized a cleaning effort that we can never repay. Once a week since September they have descended on our home and clean it up within an hour. At one point there were only teenagers living here so you can imagine! I am humbled with gratitude as I contemplate what great souls these ladies have. Thank you so much. I am so grateful for the Edward's family. They have put us in their back pocket and helped to carry us with their multiple kind deeds. My favorite deed was simply sitting and talking with them in a hospital waiting room. I have one more to share with you. We realized that it would be better if Andrew could sit up more during the day. Leslie got the idea to post that we needed a recliner. It only took a couple of days when Pierces called. Sure enough they had a recliner that they aren't using. Aren't people great! We know so. We continue to be so grateful that we have Andrew with us. We now belong to the "never take life for granted" club. We understand how fragile life is. It reminds us to cherish the moments that we have with our family. I went to my work party on saturday. It was great to see all my wonderful associates. I realize that so many people put their faith in Andrew's corner. That is a very powerful thing. Faith can move mountains. Faith moved a mountain for Andrew. We believe in miracles!!!

1 comment: