Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Thank You!!

Monday, Andrew's Benefit Puppet Show. The puppet show, put on by Alan Griffin, was wonderful. He really puts on a great show. There were so many people who helped to make the evening a success. We are incredibly grateful for the wonderful community and ward support. The money that was raised will help to keep our energy focused on Andrew. The concern that people have for Andrew is so amazing to us. Thank you so much! Andrew is happy to be home. It takes a lot of work to take care of him. Today I woke up to an ostomy that was leaking into his wound vac. So I had to change the entire dressing. The nurse had done is just yesterday. Luckily, I have watched it so many times that I can do it. Today Andrew had some friends from school drop by. Andrew showed them one of his scars and was telling them how he got it. It is good that he can talk about things. Later in the evening, he threw up his NJ tube. Now we will have to go to PCMC tomorrow to have it placed again. I have decided that it is kind of like having a newborn, except that he can verbalize his complaints! I had to take a nap today. He has me running back and forth for this and that. I don't mind really. It is just great to have him home and on the road to recovery. PCMC gave us the name of Kyle Korver's, of the Utah Jazz, Foundation. The representative came out to meet with us. They will install porch rails for us without cost. They do this as a service to families who need adjustments made to their homes to care for their children. He talked to Andrew and asked who his favorite player is. Andrew likes them all. He said that he will bring him a signed jersey from the players. Another example of the great people out there who care about others in their time for difficulty.

2 comments:

  1. Sister-in-Law,
    As you drift off to sleep in your nap (well deserved, by the way) remember something my Mom used to tell me whenever I noticed a few dirty dishes in the sink . . . it went something like this; "I thank God for dirty dishes, as they have a tale to tell. While others may be going hungry, we all are eating very well." Point of course was that Mom was reminding me that the dishes (the troubles in her day) were really just a sign of a much more vivid blessing in MY life. One without the "dishes" in his/her life would be without the very blessings causing them. Jan and I are so proud of you Michelle, and Randall - and all of our Neices and Nephews who have surrounded their brother Andrew in this time of his greatest need and literally dropped their daily lives to "do the dishes" every day for a little while. But what blessings it has brought - and will continue to bring. As for you, young Mr. Spilker - undoubtedly, the Lord has something HUGE in store for you! Nephew Spilk - you have a lot to live for bud! A bit of advice from your uncle in Virginia, if I may be so bold? If you don't start EVERY DAY by giving your Mom a hug and a kiss on the cheek for "doing your dishes" without complaint, you are missing a chance to thank God for all you are worth. I wish I could hug my Mom still, but my Mom is with him now and so I can only hope she approves of my daily actions! You still have the chance to make your Mom want to do your "dishes" with pride every day while she is still here! Go for it young Brother!!!

    Love you guys,
    Unc Max and Anut Jan

    ReplyDelete