Wednesday, December 2, 2009

How About that Jazz

Today was a great day for Andrew. It started with our declaration that we want to go home. We let all the doctors know that it is time. Then I had volunteered to play the piano in the cafeteria for their kick-off of the holiday season. Lillie, the music therapist sang while I played. She was very good! The cafeteria is always packed during lunch. When I finished, I turned around to see grandma Spilker and Andrew. She had found out that today was the day that the Jazz team comes up to see the kids at PCMC. We were so excited. We saw Carlos Boozer as he walked into the hospital. He talked to Andrew, asking him how he was doing. We hurried up to his room. CJ Miles, Deron Williams, the Jazz Bear, and a Jazz cheerleader came into his room. It was so awesome. Grandpa Spilker drove up to the hospital in time to be there. They were so nice to Andrew. We took pictures. Grandpa turned on his baseball cap that light up, blinking the Jazz logo. Andrew had his Jazz blanket and pants on. Deron Williams signed Andrew's socks and gave him a signed Jazz ball! Grandpa asked Deron Williams something about those referees. He answered then noticed Ariel had her camera going. He told her it better not end up on you tube! As I went down stairs to eat lunch I saw Jerry Sloan and Boozer again. There were three other players but I don't know who they were. Ariel got their picture. So we decided that it was good we didn't go home last week. We would have missed a very cool experience. After that Steve Greer stopped by to see Andrew. We had a nice chat. While he was there, Dr. Black came in and announced that Friday or Saturday is our exit day!! We are so excited. Tonight, I had to learn to crush pills to put into his feeding tube. I think I have learned everything that I need to know. I did realize that I will be up in the night with him for meds and aches and pains. So this is when the fun begins! We are so grateful to all the staff at PCMC for their expertise in caring for Andrew. If you have to be sick, this is the place for kids!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! When I watched the news last night and saw the players up at the hospital I was hoping they would show going into Andrew’s room!

    ReplyDelete