Saturday, November 21, 2009

Enjoying a Mini Concert

Friday was a busy day. Andrew dressed himself first thing in the morning. He is doing so well with occupational therapy that they will visit him just a couple times a week now. In speech therapy he counted money and giving change back. He does very well. He was feeling sick so I let him rest a bit. Aaaron, Kortny, John and Matt came by just as the music therapist, Yosif, was playing a song for Andrew. So we broke the rules and let them all in his room. The boys borrowed two guitars and gave Andrew a mini concert. He really enjoyed it. After they started talking about remember when... . It has something to do with dry ice and destroying something. They had Andrew laughing. Kortny has lunch with me. It is so nice to have company for lunch. After lunch, it was time for physical therapy. The boys took him to the gym while I showered. Unfortunately, he felt too sick to do much. So we took him back to his room. We were able to get the Davis v Bingham game on the slingbox on our computer. Slingbox is great if you can't get it on your tv. We used it a lot when we were in Germany to get General Conference and the Superbowl. Andrew enjoyed the first half with Tony his friend in the NTU. Then he fell asleep for the rest. When he woke up he didn't feel well and was awnry. I tried to help but my helping didn't help. Oh well. Randall came up so that I could have a couple days at home. After I left, Randall motivated Andrew to get up and he walked to the elevator from his room. I was amazed when I heard that. So I decided that it is good to play the second string to give the first string a rest! Saturday will be 8 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I am amazed at Andrew's strength, as well as yours and Randalls. You are such a great example of faith. You are all still in our prayers. Andrew must have an awesome mission to accomplish here on earth! (especially if our trials make us stronger) :)

    ReplyDelete