Thursday, November 12, 2009

A One Pole Patient

Last night I attempted to sleep in Andrew's room on the couch. I ended up leaving at 2:00 a.m. It was the worst surface I have ever tried to sleep on. Then I couldn't go to sleep. So after a couple hours, it was time to go to the meeting. Randall was stuck in traffic so I had to give the parent's report. Things are proceeding really well. Today I watched the nurse change Andrew from a multiple iv pole to a single pole. All that hangs from it is his feeding tube stuff. Andrew had really good therapy classes today. He played three hands of UNO. A round of Jenga while standing three rounds, sitting three rounds. His physical strength is really helping him recover. He got to have a shower today. One of those luxuries that we all take for granted. He sat in the shower for a long time. Then it was time for him wound vac change. They also took out some sutures and staples. He endured it without any meds. He is very good at relaxation. Medicine is the culprate with his heart issue. So they are weaning those drugs off. But, in weaning off those drugs it brings up old symptoms again. Later this afternoon he started getting aggitated again. Oh well, this too shall pass! Ariel arranged for a massage for Andrew. She came to the hospital for him. Andrew didn't have a good evening. I hope he has a good night. I am done for the day. Now I just have to wait for him to fall asleep. We sure need our Heavenly Father's blessings each day. Thank you for all the prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment