Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Answered Prayers

My day began at 6:00 a.m. I woke up like there was a fire alarm! The nurse had felt that today would tell us a lot about Andrew's recovery. I was able to sit with Andrew. He was awake and responsive. We had a conversation. I did all the talking. We talked about motivation to get well. Faith to believe that you can get well. Strength to move forward. Testimony that Christ will walk the path with you. Then I sang him a silly song to make his heart feel happier. Our bishop came up and he and Randall gave Andrew a priesthood blessing. Andrew then had his fourth surgery. It was difficult for me because I had to leave to Layton for a doctor's appointment myself. I finally saw a doc for my over-achieving thyroid. Ashley, Andrew's sister, felt very confident and peaceful about his surgery. We arrived back to the hospital about the time he came out of recovery. The surgeon let us know that everything looked great! We were so grateful. Our prayers for Andrew had been answered in a way that made us very happy. My good friend, Cher, called and rejoiced with us in our good report from the doctor. We have had so many kind acts of service that it is humbling. "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God." Mosiah 2:17 p.s. Stephanie thanks for your insight! You are wise.

7 comments:

  1. Great news and we're certain it won't be the last as Andrew continues his recovery...

    Luv to all...Cousin Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that surgery went well. Go Andrew!

    And, I must say that you and Cher are two of the most amazing moms I've ever met. I've read every post and check on you and pray for you both every day. Your strength, beauty, and example inspire me to be a better mom and a better person.

    Yours truly,
    Sheila (PICU - Riann's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew is a miracle, he is so brave and strong. I am so happy his surgery went well, and that you were able to have a conversation with him! That is so awesome. My heart goes out to Andrew, I think about him every second. I wish I could be down there more often, but I send my love and prayers.
    Thanks for keeping us all updated!

    Callie Spilker

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO glad things are going better for Andrew!
    Is there a chance you would change your font color to a lighter color? The red and black are VERY hard to read on this dark background. It would really help people like me whose eyesight is somewhat bad. :) Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Michelle, that had to be so hard for you to go and take care of yourself while Andrew underwent surgery. Thank goodness for Ashley and her strength - daughters are such a blessing:) I'm so happy that you got back just as he was out of recovery - and even better than that the report from the surgeon!! YES!! I'm sure your conversation was a strength to him as he underwent surgery, not to mention the blessing, but there's just something about mamma's and their boys - the love they share - you know what I mean. Hang in there - I'm praying constantly for you guys. Love pours out of our home for you, Randall, Andrew, and all the kids! We love you!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad!!! He is a fighter!! what a special time you had with him. I am sure that helps with everything and gives him strength and courage to keep fighting. Cherish those times!! They are so percious!!! We believe in miracles. You are in our prayers!!! Love ya

    ReplyDelete