Friday, October 23, 2009

So Many To Thank

Today Andrew had another good day. The surgeon invited Randall to stay and observe the procedure of closing his abdomen. Randall did watch. They were able to close it some more. One or two more times should do it. Andrew's back wound looks really good. The plastic surgeon had a look at it today. This evening, Andrew was really awake. Randall and I talked to him for a while. Andrew likes to have his arms up with his hands under his head. He moves all of his arms and legs now. He answers with a nod of his head. I gave him a pep talk. I reminded him that we will get through this together! We have had so many kind deeds by people. Visits, cookies, books, laundry and prayers. We even had our leaky roof caulked and our oven problem solved. How can you thank so many people for so many things? Andrew was feeling sad tonight. I read a couple of get well wishes from one of his posters. I reminded him that there are a ton of people praying for him. Prayer can see you through anything.

3 comments:

  1. I read your blog each night and am so glad he is doing better. My spirit has been touched by your strength and your testimony. We pray for Andrew and your family each day. May God continue to bless you. Lee and Cliff Higbee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO glad that Andrew is doing better. He has daily been on my mind since the accident. I remember him and your family often in my prayer. The students at KJH often ask me about him and send their love and concern. I was tlaking about Andrew with a family member recently and I told them I have always felt that Andrew would come through this well and healthy. I have felt that.

    Andrew, you are a terrific young man and we love and support you. You are in our prayers and thoughts. Please take good care. I am SO grateful for the miracles of modern medicine. And, I am SO glad Alex had had the training needed to help preserve your life. Have a good day!

    Love, Andrew's 7th grade math teacher, Miss M.

    ReplyDelete