Thursday, October 8, 2009

A New KinAir Bed

Today was a rest day for Andrew...well as much as you can rest at a hospital. They gave him a special bed that has air in it. It helps eleminate pressure points to his body. Andrew also received some physical therapy to start moving and stretching his legs as he lays there. Most patients in the PICU wear high-topped shoes. Ashley bought him some nice red and white Converse. This helps to keep their feet in a correct position. Andrew had visits from Alex, Aaron, Ariel, Ashley and Courtney. He is definiately adored by his family and friends!! Funny thing is that his blood pressure seems to go down when there is a little more talking in the room. I guess he is used to our busy home. Ariel and a new friend from Utah Opera came up to PCMC today to practice a number that they will be doing at Jacob's funeral. They recevied an ovation from the bystanders. I just hope they can keep their composure on saturday. It will be a very special, spiritual occasion. We had another visit from the Parks last night. They were delivering t-shirts that a very kind soul in their ward had made. I'm sorry that I don't know their name. The shirts say "I Believe in Miracles-Jacob Park & Andrew Spilker" and on the back "Your Miracle's Not Over October 4" in honor of Jacob. We would also like to thank the Cluffs for putting this blog together for us. We are so grateful for the kindess and well wishes of so many people. Our nurses at PCMC are awesome. Most of all we are grateful to the Lord that Andrew is still with us. Andrew will have another surgery tomorrow. Your continued prayers and faith are a great blessing to Andrew and our family. We feel the spirit of the Lord each day. As we sit and watch by his bedside, we reflect on our life. We have been so blessed, To have a loving family, what could be better!

2 comments:

  1. I am praying for your family and my thoughts are with you as you ride this yo-yo miracle round. I know that our families will be doing a lot of hanging out after this and I can't wait to see your son improved and back to himself again. I hope you all enjoyed the shirts. I have not worn mine yet but I do believe in the message. I know Jacob's strength must have rubbed off on Andrew he sounds like he is doing so well. This is Cher Park's daughter reporting in. Love you see ya this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randall and Michelle. Cliff and I heard yesterday of Andrew's accident and want you to know he and you have been in our prayers ever since. We love you and pray for God's healing hand over Andrew. May you feel peace and comfort and may Andrew recover soon. We send our love to you. Lee and Cliff Higbee

    ReplyDelete