Thursday, October 15, 2009

God has a Plan

Today was a little more difficult day for Andrew. He had a slight fever and he would wake up and be disoriented and aggitated. This is common for patients who are on so many medicines for long periods of time. We took turns reassuring Andrew. We could usually get him resting again. If not, the nurse would give him a bolster of meds. The surgeon stopped by. He is pleased with Andrew's progress. The surgeon likes to remind us how miraculous it is that Andrew is still with us. He told Randall that if the bullet had gone just a little bit to the left, Andrew would be paralyzed. If the bullet had gone just a little to the right, Andrew wouldn't have made it. We recognize God's hand in Andrew's miracle. God has brought Andrew this far. We have accepted that God has a plan for Andrew. Andrew's friends came by tonight and brought a beautiful quilt that they had made for him. It had squares with messages of hope and friendship. Andrew is lucky to have such great friends. We have been so impressed by the kindness and support from the students at KJH. Everyday people tell us that they are praying for Andrew. We really appreciate this act of faith and support. We love Andrew so much. He is a joy to our lives. We remembered a funny thing that Andrew did when he was in grade school. He decided that he needed a day off of school. So he put on his backpack and walked out the front door. A little later I get a phone call from school informing me that they have Andrew absent. I said "really? I sent him?" "No, he's not here." "Are you sure?" "Yes." So I start looking around the house. No Andrew. I walked around the yard. Just as I was passing our trailer, I hear laughing. I open the door. Andrew was sitting in the trailer playing with a toy. He had opened some food that we had left in the trailer. I wanted to be angry, I really did. But I had to laugh. He did make up the school work!

No comments:

Post a Comment