Monday, October 12, 2009

Bits and Pieces

It became clear that Andrew was moving around too much. He is really sneaky for someone on like eight drips of different stuff. He almost snagged out his pic line (iv) that goes to his heart. He was also really drugged out and saying some funny things i.e. Ashley, get a wheel chair lets go! I want a sprite, give me a football etc. Randall sat by Andrew's bed all night. Randall woke me up at 5:00 a.m. Sunday morning. The doctors decided to put the life-support breathing tube back in. He can breathe on his own but it was wearing him out too much. This was a real heart breaker for us. I had been up late the night before and was on a short temper. I felt that things weren't going well. So I kind of got after a few resident doctors. Within an hour the surgeon came to meet with us. He layed out his plan for Andrew. We felt much better having the surgeon communicate a clear path for us. I was fryed, so we had Ariel stay and watch over Andrew while we went to sleep at home the rest of the day and night. I decided to sleep in Andrews room. To tell the truth, I was feeling sorry for us. I wondered what the Lord's plan could be? After a long nap, I began looking for some bits and pieces that reminded me of Andrew. I found his home evening, general conference journal. He had taken notes on two talks. One was about eternal families, the other was about finding happiness in life. Ironic? Next, I realized that I didn't have a current, nice picture of Andrew. We were going to do pictures that very week. I felt bad but realized that I might be able to get them from the school. I hope so. It is amazing what becomes important to you when a tragedy strikes. So I recommend that you get that family picture taken. Don't delay!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes when you think you can't stand another minute more, then more gets piled on, doesn't it? And then you know that the only way out is through. And somehow, you find the strengh to go on.

    ReplyDelete