Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hope for a Cynic

Tuesday was a quiet restful day for Andrew. Wednesday they operated at his bedside and were able to close his abdomen 1 1/2" tighter using the device they had previously inserted. The surgeon was really pleased. The back wound looked good. The special skin insert looked pink. It appears that his body is accepting the piece. Andrew's vital are good and everything is moving forward a little each day. We feel so blessed. Friday they will operate and tighten his stomach again. They originally had to open his abdomen becuase of swelling. It was a preventive measure to protect the vital organs. I spent the last two days at home. It is a tricky thing to take care of everything that needs watching over. When I am at home, I wish I was at the hospital. When I am at the hospital, I worry about being home. Oh well, I am learning to delegate. We had a nice family dinner at Ashley's home. Alex will be leaving on saturday to go back to the army. It is diffficult for him to leave Andrew and home right now. We agreed that we will bring Andrew to him for a fishing trip up in Washington when he's better! Just a word about the great people out there. Somtimes it is easy to be cynical in this world. Let me tell you how wonderful people are. Service is someone mowing a lawn, mopping floors, ironing white shirts, doing some laundry, bringing meals, setting up a blog, printing t-shirts, sketching a picture, or giving hair cuts just to name a few. Yesterday, I was able to get the this year's school picture of Andrew. As I talked to the lady at Lifetouch, she sent me the entire package. I said "here's my credit card number." She wouldn't take it. I was really amazed. She doesn't even know us but, she wanted to help! We are pretty ordinary people, nothin' special. I have learned that it doesn't matter. People care and they really want to help!! Last night as Randall and I tried to go to sleep, we discussed that we wished that we could take the bullet for Andrew. As a parent, if we had the power, we would step in front of him and take the bullet. Then it hit me so clearly. This is exactly what Jesus Christ did for mankind. He had the power. He took the bullet, by hanging on the cross, atoning for each "one". Jesus did this so that we wouldn't have to suffer eternally with death, spiritual and temporal.

3 comments:

  1. Michelle, Randall & Family. What wonderful blessings you all are receiving. We pray for Andrew and your family daily and keep him and you in our hearts constantly. Even though we can't be with you physically, we are always with you spiritually and emotionally. We love you. Tell Andrew his Uncle Richard is thinking of him and praying for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything will be okay. It will all work out. That is what President Hinckley said he would say every morning. It worked for him, and it will work for you.

    ReplyDelete