Friday, October 9, 2009

Life is a Trek

Andrew had his fifth surgery today. Things looked really good. He will have another surgery on Monday. Today I thought to myself that we have begun a trek. Kind of like crossing the U.S. on foot. We will need perserverance, patience, and faith. The nurse informed me that it is like going from L.A. to N.Y. then back again. I really enjoyed her lengthened version of my visualized trek. Oh well, no good dwelling on the entire journey. One step, one day at a time. I reminded Andrew that he belongs to the A team (Alex, Ashley, Ariel, Aaron, and Amanda) and that we are going to accomplish this together. Andrew communicates through expressions and nodding. He nodded yes to this! He wanted to write a note to us but he fell asleep before we got the paper to him. Infection is just one of the great dangers to him at this point. But he keeps plugging away against all odds. I have never personally seen such strength as he has shown. We are proud of his courage! Thanks for all the help that we receive on a daily basis!!!

2 comments:

  1. Dad and I are so overjoyed at the news of the removal of Andrews ventilator!!! Now he can get all of the answers to his questions and I am sure his healing process will continue at an increased rate. Never have we prayed so hard, we are truly blessed as parents to have such a wonderful faithful family and friends. Good hears prayers and angels walk the halls of PICU. Love you all eternally, dad & mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for Andrew's big step today! It was great to see you at Jacob's funeral. You and the Park's are such neat families. Ariel did a beautiful job singing. I will keep praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete