Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Happy Dance!

Okay, I wish you could all see me doing the happy dance!! Andrew is off of ECMO. Then they took him into the OR to remove the ECMO connections called canulas. They had to sew up his femoral artery and two spots on his neck. That went well. Then they closed his front some more. He is doing very well. Everyone here is amazed at Andrew's strength. We are so happy and feel so blessed with his progress. What can I say except that we believe in the power of prayer. I realize that first you need to find out God's will and then work hard to achieve the goal. We must give God all of our heart. We can't hold any of it back. Then He can lead and teach you. We have learned so many things through this difficult experience. Our prayers are longer, more sincere and thoughtful. We want to become better people. There is always room for improvement. We will strive to spend more time with our children. We will listen more, speak more softly. We are thankful for the things that we have learned. We are thankful that we have Andrew. I can't wait to hug him!!!

3 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't even express my excitement properly! That is sooo awesome! He is such a fighter and there is no other explanation except his journey here on this earth is not yet over! This is so amazing! I send my love and gratitude. Give Andrew a big hug for me!! I really am jumping up and down in my apartment right now! My roommates think I have gone insane! I love you guys sooo much! If anything I feel this experience has brought our families closer together again which I am so grateful for. Time passes quickly and we seem to forget the importance of family! I love you guys more than anything and continue to pray for Andrew! Thank you for keeping us updated daily. I really appreciate it. Love you! Love Callie Spilker

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting to hear that Andrew is doing so much better. I echo everthing Michelle says about the power of prayer. Several of my co-workers are checking this blog regularily to see how Andrew is doing. One friend from Little Rock (that's about 3 hours away) calls frequently to ask how he's doing. These people don't know the Spilkers but they're all parents who love their children and are concerned when they hear of a child at risk and of parents who are suffering. We love you, Andrew, and pray for your recovery. Uncle Richard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle,

    I'm doin' the happy dance with you!!!! What joy you and Randall must feel!! I'll keep on praying...

    love stephanie

    ReplyDelete